April Maker challenge- project 1

Over on the TCMaker web forum, a challenge was levied to all of us to come up with one project every day during the month of April. I'm behind, because I've been VERY busy preparing for and teaching my intro to electronics class through Studio Bricolage, but I'm going to try VERY hard to keep up with it for the rest of the month. Hence, the new blog.

Project 1: Airsoft pellet gun organ
Ax-man sells Airsoft pellet guns super cheap (~$10 for a pistol). I'm thinking it might be fun to try to make a pipe organ that articulates based on having the pellets fired down the pipes, which would then dump the pellets into a bin for immediate re-use.

It might get pricey, since I'm thinking I'd want the seven major notes, but I'm not sure how I'd go about tuning them or even what effect firing a pellet down a tube would have. Still, it might be cool to try out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breadboarding the Arduino- part 1

18 Essential Skills for a Maker

In Which I Create A Kerfuffle