TFPC 32: Internet symptom searching

I was down- hard- yesterday with a bad bout of food poisoning, which brings me to the 32nd item I love about living in the future:

32.  Symptoms of disease are easily available- Of course, this has it's downsides.  While the SYMPTOMS are often widely available, as are the prognoses, sensitivity and specificity are often ignored, as are any kind of information about likely age groups, races, gender types, risk-enhancing behavior, etc etc.

In other words, it's better at ruling things OUT than ruling them IN- but it WAS comforting to know that the very serious food-borne illnesses generally don't have the symptoms I was suffering through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breadboarding the Arduino- part 1

18 Essential Skills for a Maker

In Which I Create A Kerfuffle